MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne
MD Entertainment PTY LTD, ABN 76 652 045 620 and its related entities (trading as “MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne”, or collectively referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to good privacy practice.
By using our websites and/or providing your personal information to us by any other means, you consent to us handling your personal information in accordance with this policy.
What Information We Collect
The information we collect from you depends on how and why you have interacted with us. MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne may request, collect and record the following kinds of information in either electronic or hard copy format:
- Contact and registration information
- The types of contact and registration information you may be asked for, include:
- Email address
- Home or postal address
- Phone number
- Subscription preferences or interests
- Other personal information
- In addition to the contact and registration information listed above, when you interact with us, you might provide information such as:
- Your opinion
- Information specific to your interaction or experiences with MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne (for example, if you are making a complaint)
- Recordings of yourself and others (such as photos, videos, and drawings)
- Banking information (if you are making a purchase)
- Transaction history
- Social media information (such as your social media username and profile, or a post where you’ve used a MONOPOLY DREAMS-related handle, tag or comment)
- Other personal information (for example, your work experience if you apply for a job with us)
- Cookies and other tracking data
- Google Analytics is a service which transmits digital traffic data to Google servers. Google Analytics does not identify individual users. MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne uses reports provided by Google Analytics to help understand digital traffic and usage.
How We Collect This Information
We will only collect information from you for purposes related to our core functions, and to help us provide you with a better service. This includes:
- Enabling you to engage with MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne and our activities, store, café and functions
- Providing you with the information, product or service you have requested
- Promoting MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne activities, store, café and functions, resources and services
- Giving you a more personalised experience
- Understanding your experience and/or expectations as a visitor, so that we can
improve our services and the experiences we provide.
MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne will only use, and if necessary, disclose, your personal information for the main purpose for which it was collected, and any appropriate secondary purposes (as outlined in the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014), such as where you have consented to the secondary use or disclosure, or where MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne considers you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information.
Relevant MONOPOLY DREAMS MELBOURNE staff and contractors may access the information we collect, but only to the extent necessary to provide services to you on behalf of MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne.
Depending on how you contact us, you may be able to choose how much information you provide (for example, only an email address). However, the level of information that you provide to us may affect our ability to provide you with the information, product or service that you have requested.
Dealing With Us Anonymously
You have the right to deal with us anonymously, or under a pseudonym, unless it is impracticable for us to do so or if we are required by, or authorised under, an Australian law to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
If you wish to deal with us anonymously, we may be unable to accommodate your request. Please contact us using the details in Section 12 below if you would like us to consider your request to remain anonymous.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, and/or for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect. Generally, these purposes include, but are not limited to:
- processing bookings, and to facilitate other transactions relating to those arrangements:
- providing you with marketing information about the goods and services offered by MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne and third parties;
- maintaining a relationship with you as a member of our individual companies’ email databases or other marketing databases or member programs;
- surveys and other market research to assist us in assessing and improving our services; and
- where required for administrative purposes and all other purposes reasonably associated with our business.
- By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using your personal information for the above purposes. You agree that we may send you such information by post or by electronic means (including email and SMS). You can opt-out of marketing and promotional communications at any time using an opt-out mechanism in one of our communications, or by contacting us using the details shown in Section 12 below.
We may exchange your personal information with related entities in the MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne group. We may disclose your information to third party contractors and service providers for the above purposes, including entities located overseas (e.g. email handling providers, financial and credit service providers, market research providers, cloud service providers and/or IT solution providers).
From time to time, MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne may partner with other businesses to jointly offer products or services. If you purchase or express interest in a jointly-offered product or service from MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne, we may share your personal information collected in connection with your purchase or expression of interest with our joint promotion partner(s). We do not control our business partners’ use of your personal information. Their use of the information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Apart from the above instances, we may also use and disclose your personal information with your consent and as otherwise required at law.
To enable us to provide and manage the information, product or service you have requested, MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne may need to make your information available to a third party. Where possible, MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne will endeavour to ensure that these third parties follow similar standards and obligations to those required of MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, and that they only use your information for the specific purpose and service they are providing to you or MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne.
MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne commonly engages third parties to facilitate or provide the following services:
- Mass email communications (such as our electronic newsletter)
- Online purchases and bookings
- Visitor research
- Food, beverage and commercial hire services
- Security services
- Financial transactions (including online transactions)
- Customer Relations Management
- Analysis of website and other digital traffic and use
- Development of interactives and apps
- Administration of competitions
MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne may also partner with other organisations to deliver photography, programs or events (for example, a series of talks or musical performances).
At times, MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne may need to disclose personal information to other State and Federal Government agencies and departments (for example, to help resolve a complaint). On occasion, MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne may also be legally required to disclose personal information, for instance to the police, courts or other authorised organisations.
We will only collect Sensitive Information with your consent. We will assume that you have consented to us collecting any information that you provide to us for use in accordance with this policy, unless you tell us otherwise at the time you provide it to us.
‘Sensitive information’ is information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership to a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership to a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health information, genetic information or biometric information.
Data Quality, Storage and Security
Personal information is held in both electronic and hard copy records, which are stored securely at our facilities or by contracted partners. We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information to ensure it is protected from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and from other types of misuse, interference and loss.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when we no longer require it for any purpose for which it was collected. We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with any applicable law, for insurance and corporate governance purposes, for the prevention of fraud and to resolve disputes. Your personal information may also be retained in our IT system back-up records.
The transfer of data over the Internet is inherently insecure. We cannot guarantee the security, during transmission, of any personal information provided to us via our websites. Please bear this in mind when transmitting information via our websites.
Access and Correction
You may lodge a request to correct personal information that we hold about you if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. Please contact our Privacy Officer via the contact details shown below.
You may request that we provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. Generally, we will provide you with access, except in limited circumstances where the law permits us to deny access. Any such requests must be made in writing to MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne via the details in Section 12 below. No fee will be incurred for requesting access, but if your request for access is accepted we will inform you of the fee (if any) that will be payable for providing access if you proceed with your request.
Complaints, Concerns or Further Information
If you have any other queries or concerns regarding your privacy and the way we handle your personal information, please contact MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne’s Privacy Officer using the contact details below (Section 12). We will endeavour to provide you with further information, or in the case of a complaint we will investigate your complaint and provide you with a response, generally within 14 days.
Overseas Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Some of our third-party contractors and services providers are located outside of Australia. Where we do disclose your personal information outside Australia, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located are the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Europe, India, Hong Kong and China.
Point of Contact
The Privacy Officer
MONOPOLY DREAMS Melbourne
Level 19, 180 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.